"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." Proverbs 25:11

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Witness by Josh McDowell







After having read this book twice now, all I can say is Wow! What a novel! I enjoy a good action-packed book and this is definitely an action-packed book! 
Here is the first page:


"His daughter was dead. His wife was missing. And now Rafeeq Ramsey feared for his own life. 
"We have only two more days," the old man said, pacing the sumptuous living room of his palatial flat on the shores of Monte Carlo and chain smoking like a man who might rather die of lung cancer than a car bomb or an assassin's bullet. "I received a new not just before you arrived. If I don't wire them more money by Friday, they say they'll kill Claudette and come after me. So please, Mr. Accad, I beg of you - tell me you have good news, because I don't think I can take much more of this." 
 "How much are they asking for now?"
"Twenty-five million," Ramsey said. "On top of the 11 million euros I've already paid."

Josh McDowell, the author of many books including "Evidence that Demands a Verdict" and "More Than a Carpenter" has stepped into the genre of fast-paced, action filled fiction. If you are someone who enjoys writers such as Robert Ludlum, Tom Clancey, Brad Meltzer or David Baldacci, then you will really enjoy reading this book by Josh McDowell.


Marwan Accad is in the security business. He protects his wealthy clients in many ways, including rescuing wives being held for hostage. That is until his recent client is gunned down in front of him and he barely escapes with his own life intact.


During the time of trying to find out who is trying to kill him and why, Marwan meets a young woman, Dalia Nour, in Cairo. It's here in Cairo, while he is getting to know Dalia that he begins to face a truth that will change his life forever.


This is a wonderfully fast-action book that will leave you more than satisfied. Josh McDowell is a superb writer and his characters come alive and you find yourself totally immersed in the story. 


Having read his "Evidence that Demands a Verdict" and "More Than A Carpenter," I wasn't disappointed in how Mr. McDowell brought out the gospel message. Threaded throughout the story is basic apologetics and it's presented in a believable way. It was just a "part" of the storyline.


Since I don't want to give away too much of the story, I suggest you get a copy of it for yourself. You really won't be disappointed. I know I wasn't.  




Tyndale House Publishers did provide me with a copy of this book.







No comments: