"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." Proverbs 25:11

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

MY POP-UP BIBLE STORIES Retold by Juliet David

ABOUT THE BOOK

With a pop-up scene on every page, children will cherish this selection of favorite stories from the Old and New Testaments. From the moment Baby Moses is found floating in a basket among the bulrushes to Jesus' stilling of the storm, children will be captivated by Daniel Howarth's remarkable illustrations as each story pops off the page. 

Stories include: Daniel, Baby Moses, Lost Sheep, Jairus's Daughter, and Stilling the Storm.

MY REVIEW

I have always loved pop-up books, ever since I was a child they were one of my favorite books. I have bought many pop-up books for my daughter when she was a child and I buy them for my grandchildren.

This one is exceptionally wonderful. The illustrations are eye-catching with vibrant colors. Each page will capture a child's eye with wonderful pop-ups and moving pieces. 

The stories are simple for a young child to grasp. There is also scripture reference to encourage family bible time and discussion with each story. Parents will be able to bring out the bible and show their young child the story they are reading, in it. What a wonderful way to share the Word of God.

This book will make a great gift to any young child in your life. It will introduce them not only to some of the great figures of the Bible but it also provides a wonderful introduction to Jesus, our Great Shepherd. It will foster a desire in a child to learn more about these stories in the bible, itself.

This review copy was provided by Kregel Publications for the purpose of reviewing freely. I only give my own opinion and thoughts. I am under no obligation to do otherwise.



 

 


No comments: