"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." Proverbs 25:11

Friday, November 26, 2010

JUNGLE WARFARE By Christopher A. Cunningham



JUNGLE WARFARE: A Basic Field Manual for Christians in Sales is a must have for any Christian who is in sales, whether it be direct or indirect. Since I am in retail sales, this is a book I have found to be helpful in my Christian walk as well as on the job. 


The book is "A 22-Day Power Packed Battle Plan" based from on the United States Basic Field Manual on Jungle Warfare dated December 15, 1941.  Mr. Cunningham received this copy after his grandfather's death in 1988. It wasn't until recently that he took a closer look at his grandfather's manual in order to reconnect with him. In doing so he also discovered an manual that would help in his own life of sales and the jungle it can be. 


Christopher lays his book out in a very simple, yet effective format. Each day I read a bible verse, review the battle plan for the day, offer a prayer, record my thoughts in the space provided in the book and write down my prayer requests. I find myself encouraged each day to face my job and the customers and even my co-workers. 


The manual is broken into two parts: Battle Plans and Jungle Warfare Field Support. I am still working my way through the Battle Plans, but I have skimmed through the Jungle Warfare Field Support for this review; and I am looking forward to that part of the book.


Though this book is geared toward the Christian in sales, I believe it is applicable for anyone in the workforce. Working outside of the home or even in the home, a Christian faces many enemies whose intentions are to derail the Christian in their walk. This basic manual will help every Christian who reads it, to focus on a daily verse, a plan of action for the day and be specific in their prayer life. 


After 22 days, though there is no guarantee, I will have hopefully developed stronger habits in memorizing verses, learning how to apply them to my life, take each plan of action and use them, be a successful Christian in sales without compromising my beliefs and walk, and most importantly have a closer walk with the Lord.


This is definitely a book I would recommend for anyone who needs more encouragement in their work-life and personal walk. 


Christopher A. Cunningham is a sales professional for one of the nation's leading medical  device companies. He has worked at the vice presidential level in sports and entertainment marketing. He is a certified lay minister and speaks to sales and marketing teams (as well as Christian groups) at meetings and retreats about "Believing Impossible Beliefs."


To contact him, he can be reached at either halomarketing.com or write him at Chris.halomarketing@gmail.com. 


I received this book from from Thomas Nelson through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I'm not required to write a positive review. I have expressed my own opinions. This is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

LaTawnia,
What a privilege it is to visit your website and to read your review of "Jungle Warfare, A Basic Field Manual For Christians In Sales." You really took your assignment seriously and it shows in your in-depth and insightful comments. I am humbled and greatly appreciative.
"Jungle Warfare" is a devotional for the weary soul who is trying to be obedient to God's call to see the world through Christ's eyes. Thank you for doing that in your marketplace ministry and for your devotion to our Lord.
God bless you,
Christopher
www.christopheracunningham.com
twitter: christopherhalo