"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." Proverbs 25:11

Friday, December 31, 2010

COMING BACK STRONGER By Drew Brees





Okay! This is the second book and the last one to be reviewed for 2010! Sit back and relax and enjoy!


Coming Back Stronger is a memoir written by Drew Brees. This is a great story! There, I said it. I really enjoyed this book. Drew has an interesting life story and what he has gone through will keep you riveted. 


Click here for the link to read the first chapter


This is from the inside cover of the book: 


What doesn't kill you makes you STRONGER. After a potentially career-ending shoulder injury left quarterback Drew Brees without a team - facing the daunting task of having to learn to throw a football all over again - coaches and commentators across the NFL wondered, Will he ever come back?
When Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans in 2005, leaving more than 80 percent of the city underwater and almost two-thirds of the population homeless and displaced, people the world over wondered, Will the city ever come back?
And with their stadium transformed into a makeshift refugee camp, forcing the Saints to play their entire 2005 season on the  road, legions of sports fans wondered, Will the Saints ever come back?
Now you have the premise of this great story. I found myself shaking my head with wonder at the determination of a man and a city determined to come back. Not just come back... but come back a winner. 

I don't want to spoil the book for you, it is definitely one you want to read. But I do have to say, I like football and I watched how the Saints have grown since the devastation of New Orleans. And having watched Drew Brees in action is a joy.


One of the things you will read over and again is Drew's optimistic outlook on everything. He never gives up. If he is feeling down, he does something to get back up. He has a wonderful way of dealing with the tragedies in his life. And he gives all credit to where it's due. God. 


I found myself encouraged reading Drew's story. It encouraged me and how I can change myself and my outlook when I find it becoming pessimistic. It will encourage you as well.


Drew Brees, his wife Brittany and son, Baylen, continue to live in New Orleans where they still pour their lives into the community that welcomed them when they first moved to New Orleans.


You can find this book almost everywhere you shop for your favorite books.


You can visit Drew Brees at www.drewbrees.com.


This book was provided to me by Tyndale House Publishers free from all obligations to give a positive review. Everything I have said is of my own opinion. 






 
 

 

No comments: