"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." Proverbs 25:11

Friday, December 31, 2010

FLIGHT OF SHADOWS By Sigmund Brouwer



Merry Christmas, Happy New Year! I am so far behind in my reviews it's not even funny! I am taking the last day of this year, 2010 to post a couple book reviews that have been waiting to be posted for the last month or so! That's how busy, crazy it has been around here! So....without further ado.... These two books are a great way to end the year and get right into the new year!


The first one is Flight of Shadows by Sigmund Brouwer. This one was provided by WaterBrook Press free of any charge or obligations. I am not expected to provide a positive review of this book or anything. So everything you read here is of my own opinion.


Flight of Shadows is a great book for the suspense lover. And, I happen to like suspense, so I really liked this book. This book happens to be the sequel to Broken Angel (click this link to view the Prologue and Chapter 1). I have also included the link for Chapter 1 of Flight of Shadows. Click this link to view the Prologue and Chapter 1.


I haven't had to opportunity to read Broken Angel, but I intend to rectify that. It was a bit difficult to read Flight of Shadows and not have to background to fall on. But that was my fault, not the author.


Flight of Shadows is a well-written novel. Brouwer is brilliant in his usage of imagination, description of his characters and the plot itself. You find yourself completely involved with Caitlyn's plight and flight from those who would harm her for who and what she is. She finds herself relying on the help of one she doesn't trust, to get her to people she believes will help her.


Flight of Shadows will not disappoint you, especially if you have read the prequel, Broken Angel. I intend to find that book, read it and then re-read this one. Don't be surprised if there will be another review!


Sigmund Brouwer has written eighteen books besides Broken Angel and Flight of Shadows. He promotes literacy by giving writing workshops in schools from the Arctic Circle to inner city Los Angeles. He is married to recording artist Cindy Morgan (who happens to be one of my favorite singers!), has two young daughters and they split their time between Tennessee and Alberta, Canada.


You can find Flight of Shadows at most of your favorite bookstores and online. 









No comments: